We were really happy with the container from the test garden above — it looked spectacular all season. Here's how we took care of it:
- Use soilless potting mix, not garden soil in the container.
- Water when you insert your finger into the potting mix up to the knuckle and it's dry.
- Feed monthly with a water-soluble plant food at full strength.
- Give it afternoon shade to help flowers last longer.
- Don't worry about deadheading any of these plants.
See More Beautiful Container Recipes
A) Jazz Hands Night Moves® Chinese fringe flower (Loropetalum chinense)
B) Elephant ear (Colocasia esculenta 'Black Magic')
C) Rockin’® Fuchsia salvia (Salvia hybrid)
D) Truffula™ Pink globe amaranth (Gomphrena pulchella)
E) Tattoo™ Black Cherry vinca (Catharanthus rosea)
F) Whirlwind® Pink fanflower (Scaevola aemula)
G) Black mondo grass (Ophiopogon planiscapus ‘Nigrescens’)
Now Check Out Our Plant Guide for More Great Recommendations for Your Garden