- Flowers & PlantsVegetablesOur content is meticulously curated through independent research, testing, reviews, and AI-driven recommendations, all designed to present you with the finest product choices. When you make a purchase through our links, it could result in us earning a commission.
Best Garden Fountain to Add Outdoor Flare
Garden fountains can add an extra level of relaxation to your outdoor space. They create an ethereal atmosphere and can transport you to another place and time. They may also attract more wildlife to your gardens, like birds and frogs. Doctors are always telling us to spend more time outside. What better way to encourage you to step out into nature than a stunning garden feature? You are more likely to venture outside and spend time in your garden if it looks beautiful. With the right garden fountain, you can turn your garden into space you can be proud of – a little slice of heaven right on your doorstep. Sounds lovely, right? However, every person has their own personality and style preference. Every garden also has different limitations. So how do you find a fountain that will match both what you desire and your realistic limitations? Reading our rundown of the best garden fountains in 2024 is a good start! Check them out below!Show contentsThe Nicest Garden Fountains of 2024 Reviewed In Detail
Find a Leading Garden Fountain: A Buying Guide
- Alpine Corporation Garden Fountain - Best Overall
- Peaktop Garden Fountain - Runner Up
- Glenville Garden Fountain - Honorable Mention
- VIVOHOME Garden Fountain - Also Consider
- Tuscan Garden Fountain
- D&F Garden Fountain
- Fierre Shan Garden Fountain
Find a Leading Garden Fountain: A Buying Guide
We have completed extensive research to bring you the top garden fountains of 2021. However, we understand that with so many designs available, you may want to do your own research and find something a bit more in keeping with your tastes. To help you find your ideal garden fountain, we have come up with several factors you should consider before investing.
Things To Consider When Buying a Garden Fountain
Where do you want to place it?
Most garden fountains do not require plumbing (although you should always check that this is the case for the garden fountain of your choice). This means that you do not need to make sure your fountain is near a water supply. However, many fountains require access to an electricity source to power the pump. If the garden fountain does not need electricity, it is likely solar-powered. In this case, make sure that the area you want to place your garden fountain has enough access to sunlight to make it work.
If you want to place your fountain on a table or a shelf, make sure it is lightweight enough, or the surface of the base is strong enough to support its weight. You also need to secure your fountain to the elevated surface to prevent it from tipping over. For larger models with big water basins, you will need to consider the safety of your pets and children.
For more information on putting in a new fountain, check out this video by Garden Answer.
With so many products on the market, you are bound to find a garden fountain that completely matches your style. You can find a fountain that fits your modern furniture. For example, a minimalistic glass fountain would suit a glass garden furniture set. Another option is choosing a fountain that matches the plant scheme you have chosen. For example, if you are growing bamboo, you may want to buy an oriental-looking fountain.
Many people buy a garden fountain because they enjoy the sound. Running water can be very relaxing. However, if your fountain barely makes a sound or makes too much noise, you may not feel satisfied with your purchase.
Easy to clean
Your garden fountain won’t look good as new forever without maintenance. Choose a product that is easy to dismantle and clean. If you don’t clean your water fountain, it may create a foul odor.
Types of models
There are various types of garden fountains available:
- Tabletop models: You can use tabletop models on plinths, tables, and other raised objects
- Wall fountains: Wall fountains are intended to be either mounted on a wall or placed against a wall. This kind of fountain will save you space if you have a small garden
- Floor fountains: As the name suggests, floor fountains are placed on the floor. There are large varieties of styles and sizes to choose from in this category. Floor fountains are available in tiered or disappearing designs—more on those in a second
- Tiered fountains: A tiered fountain pumps water to the top of the fountain, and it cascades down several tiers. The water ends up in a reservoir where it is then recycled. The design of tiered fountains can include intricate carvings or look minimalistic
- Disappearing fountains: Disappearing fountains contain a hidden reservoir that is concealed beneath the ground. They can be tiered and are also, of course, floor fountains. These fountains require less space because the reservoir is underground, and they require less maintenance because the sun cannot cause algae to grow leaves, and debris cannot enter the reservoir
- Japanese fountains: Japanese fountains are simply designed with a large basin and water trickling from a spout into it
- Self-contained fountains: Self-contained fountains usually look like a large pot with sprouting water that comes straight from the reservoir. A self-contained fountain generally has everything you need in one place, apart from a power source, unless it is solar-powered. A self-contained fountain will only work on level ground
- Spouting fountains: Spouting fountains are placed on top of a body of water and use a subversive pump to sprout the water up into the air. These fountains are generally solar-powered and can come in a variety of designs. They are a great tool to snazz up an already existing pond
- Cascading fountains: Cascading fountains are similar to tiered fountains in that they usually possess three levels that get progressively smaller as they reach the top. The difference is that the water of a cascading fountain flows like a stream. This kind of fountain is often designed to look as natural as a stream over rocks
- LED fountains: LED fountains will light up and make the running water look even more beautiful
- Waterfall fountains: Waterfall fountains are a popular style that recreates a waterfall in your garden
- Birdbath fountains: Birdbath fountains are multifunctional fountains that are also designed to attract birds. What is more peaceful than listening to running water and birdsong?
- Decorative style fountains: Decorative style fountains often contain statues that would work as a stand-alone decorative piece. This style of the fountain will often incorporate running water into the “story” of the figures
- Classic Greek style fountains: The classic Greek style can look a little tacky if you do not have a Mediterranean-style garden to match it. Think of intentionally broken pots and urns, and Greek gods and goddesses frolicking in the water
Garden Fountain Price Range
For a decent-looking fountain, you should budget between $50 and $350. You could go higher if you are planning on getting an enormous floor fountain.
How We Chose the Best-Quality Garden Fountains
We considered style, power source, ease of use, and cost to choose the top-quality garden fountains.
The Nicest Garden Fountains of 2024 Reviewed In Detail1– Best Overall
Kicking off our list of garden fountains is this beautiful product. The Alpine Corporation TIZ194BZ is a two-tiered fountain. Its barrels have a rustic style that would compliment any garden. This plastic fountain looks like wood but is more durable and long-lasting. It is 49 cm in length and 69 cm in height. This fountain requires a manual power source.2– Runner Up
The Peaktop 201601PT features four tiered bowls. It has stacked stone-look columns that look great in any garden. This fountain is made with resin but has a natural look. The use of resin makes the fountain rust-resistant, weatherproof, and long-lasting. The Peaktop fountain includes LED lighting to illuminate your fountain in the evening, creating an ambient environment. This fountain measures 16.34 inches x 15.55 inches x 33 inches.3– Honorable Mention
The Glenville Water Pump is a two-tiered water fountain. It is made from durable polyresin & fiberglass construction. A pump is included with this fountain, so you can use it as soon as you get it home. It is important to note that this fountain requires electric power, so it must be placed at least 5 meters near an electric power source. The Glenville Water Pump measures 15 x 15 x 32 inches.4– Also Consider
The Vivohome fountain includes a garden birdbath and a solar-powered water fountain pump. This fountain is lightweight, so it is easy to move. It is made of weather-resistant polyresin, which should last for years. It can also withstand intense sunlight and cold temperatures. With the Vivohome fountain, you can change the water patterns, so you can regularly change things up to create a unique ambiance in your garden everyday.
The Tuscan Garden Classic fountain measures 41 ½ inches high x 23 inches wide x 23 inches deep and weighs 35 lbs. It has an attractive three-tier effect. This fountain is made of lightweight resin, which is durable and weather resistant. However, it looks like a natural stone. A pump is included. This fountain is electrically operated, so you will need to place the fountain at a distance of 4ft or less from a power source.
The D&F Gardenfans water fountain is a four-tiered fountain made from fiberglass and polyresin- a durable and lightweight material. It measures 12.99 inches long x 13.78 inches wide x 39.76 inches in height. This atmospheric water fountain had 4 LED lights so that you can enjoy it even in the dark. This fountain must be connected to water mains and has a 2-meter hose. A pump is included with this purchase.
This Fierre Shann Pouring Pots fountain has an internal pump. It creates a relaxing water flow. This fountain contains LED lights in its lower basins. The Pouring Pots fountain looks like stone but is made from durable fiberglass. This material is rust and weather resistant. The fountain measures 13 inches long x 13 inches wide x 40 inches high.
People Also AskedQ: Should I leave my garden fountain powered-on all the time?
A: Yes, you should leave your fountain powered on at all times. A fountain isn’t designed to be turned on and off too frequently. It is harder to get the pump started again after turning it off.Q: Do garden fountains attract mosquitoes?
A: Garden fountains and any other water feature in your garden will attract mosquitoes. If you have a water feature where the reservoir is not visible or small, it will reduce the chances of mosquitoes laying their eggs. Mosquitoes are attracted to all water but thrive near stagnant water.Q: How do I keep my garden fountain clean?
A: Any accumulated algae can be scrubbed away with a combination of white vinegar and bristled brush.