Enter your own garden for a chance to be photographed and featured in a future issue of Garden Gate magazine! Open to U.S. and Canadian residents
Guidelines for the Reader Garden Award 2022:
- Only amateur gardeners are eligible for awards; participants cannot earn their living from gardening, landscaping or interior design.
- Gardens that have received other national gardening honors or awards or have been featured in a national magazine are ineligible.
- Please retain an original copy of your complete entry for your records; materials will not be returned.
- Images from entries may be used in print or shared online.
- You are welcome to enter again each year.
How To Enter:
Submit via Email (preferred method of entry):
Email your information and a link to your images in cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive, etc.) to ReaderGarden@aimmedia.com
Submit via mail:
Reader Garden Award
Garden Gate Magazine
2143 Grand Avenue,
Des Moines, IA 50312
Submit via Instagram:
Submit photos of your garden using the hashtag: #ggmagReaderGarden
What to send:
- Send us your name, address, email and telephone number in case we need to contact you
- Color photographs, printouts or digital photos of your garden
- Rough landscape plan (optional)
- Brief description of your garden or garden room
- Please limit the number of images to 20, and show us the whole garden — preferably no closeups of flowers.
Deadline for submissions:
Submissions must be received by May 1st, 2022. Award winner will be selected by Garden Gate editors spring 2022 and contacted to be featured in a future issue.