Upcycle yoga mats
Instead of tossing out old worn and torn yoga mats, you can put them to good use in and around your garde. The mats work great for:
- Laying flat over the vegetable garden, so there aren’t lots of weeds to pull when it’s time to plant in spring.
- Protecting azaleas (Rhododendron spp. and hybrids) from strong winds — just drape them over old window screens, secure with clothespins and stake into the ground.
- Covering unopened bags of mulch through the winter, to keep the plastic from getting damaged in the elements.
- Folding up and using to kneel on cold, hard or wet ground.
- Laying on top of snowy steps, to give dogs better footing when they go outdoors.